Sunday, June 19, 2011

Daily Sketches to 6/12/11 to 6/18/11

I found my pencil...! Okay, I only found it after buying a new one, but now I have two pencils, so yeah. Two pencils! Still like the original one best, though.


Sunday:

Worked on IO stuff. Nothing to show.


Monday:



I never had a DSi, so I'm loving finally getting to check out DSiWare on the 3DS. I downloaded Shantae: Risky's Revenge the moment the eShop came up, and it totally justified the purchase of the system for me. I've been waiting for this game ever since not being able to find the original GBC game in any store back when I was in college. It's one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen on the DS, and the animations are just wonderful. I wanted to try drawing Shantae in her tiny monkey form. :)


Tuesday:



This actually didn't come out half bad considering how tired I was when I drew it. Kei go boom. I'm liking how the lines turned out.


Wednesday:



More DSiWare love! Tried drawing Alta from Mighty Flip Champs. I'd like to try coloring this one, I think.


Thursday:



I've been watching Adrian play a lot of Magical Drop lately. Though I prefer the individual characters collecting and throwing the balloons like in the Super Famicom version of Magical Drop II, the clowns are pretty cute, too.


Friday:

Spent the day working on IO stuff.


Saturday:



My friend Mary Ellen is moving to Europe... Saturday night was her going away party, and this is the drawing I did in the card we gave her. At first I was going for Care Bears, but then they ended up being different animals, and they didn't really look especially Care Bear like. Oh well, they're supposed to be me, Kat, Kristin, and Mary Ellen in cute hugable form. We'll miss you! :<


So, that's it for this week. I'm thinking that I might try coloring some stuff in place of sketching once in a while going forward. I think I'd like to see some of these end up in a slightly more polished form.

No comments: