Sunday, June 26, 2011

Daily Sketches 6/19/11 to 6/26/11

In honor of Sonic's 20th anniversary this week, I decided to go with a theme!

Sunday:



So, I started with Tails since he's always been my favorite Sonic character. I wanted to try drawing how he runs in the Genesis games, since I always thought it was neat.

Monday:



Sonic is up next. I decided to keep going with the running theme. I wanted to try this one run from Sonic CD. I was trying to figure out what his feet would actually be doing to make that shape happen at top speed.

Tuesday:



When I think about Knuckles running, I tend to think more about how he moves in the Sonic Advance games than in the Genesis games, though I wanted to stick with all the characters in the classic style. I think I ended up going with something in between, though I don't think it's anything that ever actually appeared in sprite form.

Wednesday:



Amy has probably changed the most between her classic and modern incarnations. Her animations in Sonic CD were very limited, and her Sonic Advance animations seemed to be too much for her classic persona. I ended up just trying to think of a sort of trot or something that might fit with the look.

Thursday:



This is actually an older drawing that I recently finished up and colored. Happy birthday, Sonic! :)

Friday & Saturday:

Ended the week working on IO stuff.

No comments: