Sunday, May 1, 2011

Daily Sketches 4/24/11 to 4/30/11

Frustrating week overall. My laptop is still having all kinds of issues. Lots of work to do for IO, as well.

Sunday:

Just spent the day working on IO stuff. Nothing that can be shown at the moment.

Monday:



I had something in mind that I wanted to draw on Monday night, but I needed a reference picture. Did a Google Image search for it, clicked on a picture... and then my antivirus software started going all crazy from something on that page, and I spent the rest of the night scanning my computer for stuff. Forgot about the thing I originally wanted to draw and did this instead while waiting for a scan to finish. Bleh.

Tuesday:



I just remember being up late trying to figure out what I wanted to draw and then giving up and drawing my left hand, since it was sitting on the sheet of paper anyway.


Wednesday:



I've always been a fan of Rappies from the Phantasy Star series. I had ordered a Rappy plush and had just picked it up from the post office, so I obviously had Rappies on the mind. The cuter style introduced in PS0 on DS is pretty different than the previous incarnations, though it's definitely grown on me.

Thursday:



While I was introducing the new Rappy plush into the collection, I came upon a Moogle plush and started thinking about the Moogles in Final Fantasy VI (a.k.a. the BEST Final Fantasy). I wanted to play around with poses for that stubby little body design.

Friday:






I had gotten my tax return back this week, and I'd been thinking of using the money to get a Nintendo 3DS. Not too interested in the launch lineup, but I wanted to have one in time for when the eShop opens in May so I can catch up on DSiWare (I hadn't upgraded my DS since the original design). So, I caved and got it, just playing around with the built-in features for now. Aside from the 3D camera, the thing I had the most fun with was the AR Games, specifically one that allows you to draw a picture on the 3DS's bottom screen and then have it projected into your environment on the top screen. I decided to draw the robot mascot of IO's Hands On! series, Orion. Then I made him pose with Adrian, haha. Looking forward to playing around with this some more!

Saturday:

Trying not to get too distracted by the 3DS, but had to focus on getting some IO work done in time for a show next weekend. I have a feeling that this will be consuming most of my week next week as well...

No comments: